Wednesday, January 31, 2007


Pravus gallery at anti-space

720 N 4th st, south of roosevelt

Phoenix az

FIRST FRIDAY FEB 2nd PRAVUS PRESENTS:

ABBEY MESSMER AND FAUSTO FERNANDEZ

EXCEPTIONAL PAINTINGS BY TWO PHOENIX ARTISTS!

Abbey Messmer Statement
My work has always been obsessed with the reality of individuals and their peculiarities. Photography aides me where my non-photographic memory fails me and my imagination pushes the images beyond the truth. Color, form and the organic manifestations of the body are often forefront in my work. Although I am trained, it is my nature to be experimental. My products include painting, installation, sculpture and objects.

About Abbey Messmer
A transplanted Texan, works out of Lucky Rabbit Studio, located at 1020 Grand Avenue in downtown Phoenix. Lucky Rabbit exhibits work by Abbey Messmer, Lara Kupcikevicius and other local artists for First Fridays.

Fausto Fernadez
Artist Fausto Fernandez has been steadily churning out beautiful and unique work. His use of sewing patterns act as a guide for each piece, creating a lyrical but imposing presence. A formally trained artist out of The University of Texas in El Paso, Fernandez has taken an "outsider's" approach to his projects, keeping them energetic, fresh, spontaneous, and exciting.

No comments: